Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weeks 3 & 4: Dance Moves, Cooking Shows, and Cambridge

Hello everyone,

I didn't have much to say about week three since it was basically a week full of school work but for the sake of a post I'll make a list of some of the top things I learned that week.

1. Always have an umbrella or a raincoat.  It may be sunny but there is always a 70% chance of rain no matter the forecast.
2. Our English and the Queens English are quite different and sometimes it is as if we are speaking a different language completely.
3. Just because the restaurant is called KFC does not mean there will be dirty rice, gravy, or biscuits.  (Sad face).
4. English chocolate > American chocolate
5.American DVD's will not play on British computers and vice versa.
6. Donnervan chips are the best chips in Bristol. Yeah, I know...controversial.
7. Made in Chelsea is a highly addicting programme.
8. Mathematical Theory and myself do not click and will probably be lifelong enemies.
9. Nothing is better than a full English vegetarian breakfast.  Bubble and Squeak anyone? (give that a google search if you are American)
10.  Pret Falafel and Haloumi wraps are the best thing since....well ever.

My friend Lydia made a great video of Josh (the in house top chef) at work in the kitchen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RHz8MWNzAg

Here are some of us doing our usual country singalongs and enjoying the slippery floors:


As for week four here in England (can't believe it has been a month!) I went to Cambridge for the day on Saturday and have posted photos to my facebook and some below but also made a video of the city for anyone interested.  I also got to see the choir of one of the colleges in Cambridge rehearsing and recorded it.  It is really worth a watch if you've got three minutes. (I should say even though I am writing this blog most of the photos go onto my facebook so if you want to see more you should definitely check that out.)

Cambridge Video:
 
Cambridge Choir:
 
 
Photos from the two weeks:
 
late night bridge walk

 
The boys.

 
Cambridge


Cambridge
 

 
Cambridge

 
The Market in Cambridge

 
Cambridge

 
Punting

 
the river

 
Fudge!

 
Yum...
 
Sidenote: I saw my first castle this weekend when we drove by Windsor on the way to Cambridge. I was told we are visiting lots of castles next term so y'all can look forward to that.
 
 
Hope you guys enjoy this post.  I'm going on another trip this coming weekend so I'll have even more for you next week!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment